Analysis and Development
The following reports have been prepared regarding labour market trends in the five counties of Prescott, Russell, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.
- May 2014: Employers Surveyed in SDG November 1st 2013 - May 26th 2014
- April 2014: Employer One Action Plan
- April 2014: Employer One Summary SDG
- April 2014: Employer One Summary P-R
- January 2014: Labour Market Info
- May 2013: Supply Chain Management Career Opportunities
- March 2013: Women in SCM - Summary Report
- December 2012: Hospitality and Tourism LMI Update
- September 2012: Green Jobs Profile Report
- August 2012: Workforce Skills Required Over the Next Decade
- July 2012: Study on P-R Economic Development Plan - Areas of Convergence
- June 2012: Health Sector Workforce Analysis for Cornwall and SD&G
- May 2012: Supply Chain Logistic Workforce Profile
- April 2012: TOP Report - Local Labour Market Plan
- April 2012: United Counties of Prescott-Russell Economic Impact Assessment of Ivaco Rolling Mills Steel Mill Expansion Project
- October 2011: Manufacturing Characteristics and Trends
This update examines the Manufacturing Sector in Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Prescott & Russell counties and its ongoing recovery from 2003 study update and the 2008 recession.
- February 22 2011: PR Economic Development Plan
- January 2011: Workforce Related Issues to Determine how they Impact Non Profit Organizations in SD&G and Prescott-Russell.
The Ontario Non profit Network (ONN) has identified several issues that are believed to be having a significant impact on the workforce and operations of non profit organizations across the province. These include challenges involving attracting new people to the workforce, retaining current employees, providing appropriate up-skilling opportunities to workers, and providing adequate compensation in a context of increasing competition for skilled employees.
A survey of Service Sector employers within the United Counties of SD& G was completed in the final quarter of 2009. One of the objectives was to identify human resource planning issues, any occupational shortages and recruiting challenges, and where applicable any post hire and/or Supervisory training issues.
- January 2010: 2009 SD&G Manufacturing Survey - Executive Summary
A Survey of Manufacturing and Industrial sites within SD&G was completed during the 4th quarter of 2009. The key focus area of the survey included HR practices related to recruiting, training needs, and general future outlook.
- July 2009: Shortages and Solutions - For New Economy
Workers are looking for some help regards what has been and is happening in the economy of the eastern counties given that we have and continue to face a major downturn in manufacturing and industrial sectors as well as a world-wide recession.
Older labour market information documents can be found in the archive.